The weather may be cold outside, but inside the City Center for Dance things couldn’t be hotter! As Incendio draws closer, the BFan ballerinas commit to practically living at the studio, spending long hours perfecting timing and choreography.
(There are also, of course, discussions over the benefits of white over black gloves, and talk of beautiful bejeweled corsets to come 🙂 )
So, in the spirit of Incendio… here’s a tapas recipe!!
Roasted potatoes complemented by a spicy red sauce
( Serves 8 )
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- One 14-ounce can low-sodium chicken stock, or homemade, skimmed of fat
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, for garnish
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, and stir to coat. Add chicken stock, tomato sauce, vinegar, paprika, and red-pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Let cook until slightly thickened and aromatic, about 30 minutes. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Toss in a bowl with remaining teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the coated potatoes cut side down in a single layer on a large cookie sheet, and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve with reserved warm tomato sauce, garnished with chopped oregano.
To receive the coupon, you must purchase tickets before 10/20 in person at the Hult Center Box Office (you can also receive the coupon if you have your tickets mailed to you, e.g., as a season subscriber).