Only 15 days left until the first performance of Cinderella: A Rock Opera Ballet Set in 1964 and rehearsals are in full-swing! If you haven’t already gotten your ticket to see this one-of-a-kind show that will keep you dancing in your seat all night, then let Amelia Unsicker, who will be dancing the role of the stepmother, tell you her top five reasons why you need to see it. But first, let’s get to know a little more about Amelia…
Amelia began her ballet training at Pacific Festival Ballet, and in 2000 she was accepted into the School of Oregon Ballet Theatre where she trained for seven years, appearing in numerous shows like Swan Lake, Snow White and The Nutcracker just to name a few. She graduated from the University of Oregon with a degree in Biology, and has been with Ballet Fantastique since 2008. Some of her favorite things include I Love Lucy and Brave New World, and here’s her top five reasons to see Cinderella: A Rock Opera Ballet Set in 1964:
5. LAUGHTER! It’s pretty dang comedic. I can guarantee a few chortles.
4. ZEST! All of us dancers are really getting into character, and loving it! The performance will surely be full of exuberance.
3. GUEST DANCER! Fred Davis, an amazing dancer from Dance Theatre of Harlem, will be performing with us as the Prince!
2. YOUR MOTHER! The performance occurs over Mother’s Day weekend. So, treat your mom with tickets to the ballet!
1. LIVE MUSIC!!! Shelley and Cal James and their band will be joining us on stage. The fusion of live music and incredible dancing-how can it get any better than that??
Well, if I weren’t already going to both performances then Amelia, you have me convinced! Make sure to get your tickets before they’re gone and stay tuned for more top five’s coming next week! http://www.balletfantastique.org/company/events.php