It’s finally here: the week of our season opener performance Cirque de la Lune. Ballet Fantastique’s company dancers are beyond excited for this event. One of the lead dancers in Cirque de la Lune, Leanne Mizzoni, dances the role of Estrella, the “lonesome diva” in the 1930s Cirque de la Lune traveling circus. This Northern Virginia native shares her top 5 reasons to see the upcoming performance with us:
- The live music—who doesn’t love enjoying the benefits of a concert as well as a ballet performance? These bands are incredible.
- Raymond and the circus aspect of the show. He can do amazing things—you won’t believe them until you see them yourself!
- The innovative choreography—We’re incorporating new elements and new challenges. For example, Justin and I do a pas de deux during which he’s literally blindfolded the entire time (“My Ghost,” to music by Betty and the Boy).
- The costumes and scenery—they’re different and beautiful.
- Overall, it’s a great and very entertaining show!