From the daredevil imaginations of Ballet Fantastique‘s acclaimed producer-choreographers Donna Marisa and Hannah Bontrager comes ZORRO: The Ballet, re-telling the famed legend of the masked Diego de la Vega. There are numerous reasons why someone should come see the show, but this week we asked some of our company dancers what their top five reasons to come see Zorro are! Read on to see what they had to say…
Hannah, executive director, said: “People should come to see Zorro because:
- It’s a really fun show and it covers a huge range of space, time and styles.
- The dancers are having so much fun– we get to be Native Americans and Spanish aristocrat girls in Barcelona. We even get to be folk dancers in what’s now LA. There’s so much fun that we’re having with showing different styles as actresses.
- It’s super high energy and the music is absolutely amazing. These bands are just like nothing you’ve ever heard.
- It’s all original choreography,
- all-original music and true to BFan’s style as ballet like you’ve never seen it before!”
Leanne, a company dancer, said:
- “The live music.
- BFan is the first ballet company to ever do Zorro.
- The costumes are amazing.
- The dancing is very different and covers many different genres.
- It is a really high-intensity show.”
- “It would appeal to both men and women.
- We are the first ballet company to ever do Zorro.
- The costumes are extraordinary.
- The music is going to be epic!
- It is our first show with Fabio!”
- “Top notch music that you can’t help but groove to!
- Premiere show for our new company dancers!
- We’re the first ballet company to ever be given rights to do Zorro!
- Another set of amazing and eye catching costumes from our team of costume designers/builders.
- Helping to keep our art alive, even when major and highly talented companies around the country are collapsing.”
Lydia, one of BFan’s newest company dancers, said:
- “I think it is interesting because this is the untold story of Zorro. I just always assumed Zorro was just there and I didn’t know the reasoning behind it all. This is like part one of Zorro!
- This is my first show with Ballet Fantastique!
- I think it is cool that there is a Zorro corporation and we’ve had permission to perform it. I think that’s kind of a big deal!
- It’s the first of its kind!
- I think it will appeal to a lot of different types of people just because it has a lot of different versatility!”
- “The music is super awesome. I’m so excited to work with Incendio again. They are an amazing group to work with. The music is all very precise and makes it a lot easier for us to dance to. I’m super excited about the electric violin!
- The story of Zorro is a little different than the typical Zorro tale, so I think it will be fun for people to hear this story.
- The costumes are super beautiful and a lot more different than we’ve ever done before. I’ll have wings on my costume!
- Again with the story, I think a lot of different kinds of people with like it!
- It’s not a classical ballet, it is more temporary, and it will be a lot of fun!”
ZORRO® The Ballet premieres October 18-20 at the Hult Center. Click here to get your tickets now!